HELLO VOLUNTEER !
CHI AL SHAQAB 2017, an International Equestrian Competition, is a go and this year, Al Shaqab have the absolute pleasure to once again host this competition in 3 equestrian disciplines over the 3 days, including Show Jumping, Dressage and Para-Dressage. In addition, CHI AL SHAQAB 2017 will be topped-up with other attractions like festival area where visitors could enjoy at the food court, coffee corners, entertainment area, pony ride & carriage ride. A range of traditional cultural activities are also planned for children and adults alike featuring henna painters, falcon handlers and delicious traditional food to enable foreign visitors to experience Qatari hospitality. Likewise, the year 2017 marks the 25th Anniversary of AL SHAQAB, hence, a special 25th Anniversary Celebrations Program is being planned along with CHI Al Shaqab 2017.
# CHI AL SHAQAB 2017 – March 2 – 4, 2017, Al Shaqab Grandstand
CHI Al SHAQAB 2017 will take place at the magnificent & world-class arena of Al Shaqab at the Education City, Al Rayyan. You may click this link: https://goo.gl/maps/iU1B4ta1EWH2
to check its location from the Google Map.
On Your Mark, Get Set, Volunteer!
Be the change you wish to see in your community. Be empowered, give back, grow.
CHI AL SHAQAB has been always the talk of the volunteers as it brings them an unforgettable experience that one shouldn’t miss. Start making volunteering for this magnificent competition your itineraries to start the year as FRIENDS OF AL SHAQAB, A Volunteer Program of Al Shaqab, is looking for committed & pro-active volunteers ages 17 and above to assist in providing memorable experience to all who would come to this impressive event.
- Accreditation Centre (to work before & during the event) – preparation of participants, staff & volunteers badges
- Ticketing – Assist in selling, collecting/ ripping of tickets.
- Media Centre – Taking the score sheets to Media Centre for live broadcasting, production and distribution of Starting Lists & Results List, etc.
- Event’s Information - provide information to the riders, as well as organizing documents, taking documents from other parts of the building and keeping the office organized.
- Sports Field of Play – Collecting the score sheets from the judges to be taken to the Media Office for broadcasting during competition held in the Indoor Arena.
- Festival Area - Assist the service provider in the orderliness and safety of the children participating in various activities and other festive activities.
- Transportation – Assist in arranging transport to competitors & guests.
- Spectators & Aftercare Services – Crowd control, way-finder, information guide, ensuring the orderliness & cleanliness of the venue, Lost & Found etc.
- Workforce Support – Assist in the Staff & Volunteer’s Cafeteria, Staff & Volunteers’ Attendance Registration Area, Volunteer Photographer, etc.
- Pony Ride/ Carriage Ride – Assist the staff in managing the guests/visitors who would like to experience the pony ride/carriage ride during the event. Manage the queue of people who would like to ride to ensure orderliness and safety of the activity.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The world’s renowned horse riders will compete fiercely to win the rare title of nobility of the CHI (“Concours Hippique International” or Equine International Competition)
- Volunteers will have an opportunity to meet famous personalities and dignitaries from different countries
- Volunteers would gain relevant learning experience & mingle with equine professionals
- Warm up events and activities to explore the venue, meet new people and make friends
- Amazing people, great mood, adventures and fun
- Food & beverage will be served during the course of the event.
- Certificate of appreciation, official letter with number of hours rendered during volunteering (as per request) will be provided to acknowledge volunteers hard work.
- Registered volunteers would be included in our pool of volunteers & will receive up-to-date information on wonderful volunteering opportunities in Al Shaqab and its partner organizations’ events that we support with volunteers.
We don’t have any provision for transportation, hence, the volunteers are expected to come to the venue by their own means. Thank you.
HOW TO REQISTER AS VOLUNTEER IN THIS EVENT
It makes us really happy to see familiar names on email responses – people who have helped in for several events that FRIENDS OF AL SHAQAB provided with volunteers support. It makes us even happier to see how many new people would like to help out.
Below are the forms to be submitted to apply as volunteer for this event:
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM
Note that the timings reflected on the Availability Form are subject to change based on the event’s timetable.
Kindly understand the importance of your committed availability because we will heavily rely on you on these dates, with respect to manpower planning. In case of changes on the schedule, kindly inform us by email, ahead of time.
We are going to go through every application. Successful volunteer applicants will receive a confirmation email and invitation to come to the Volunteers Job and Venue Specific Orientation set on February 27, Monday. We’re going to send you detailed instructions prior to the event about the volunteer orientation.
Please note that attending the orientation is a MUST.
Feel the spirit of CHI AL SHAQAB 2017
Watch the amazing videos of the previous CHI AL SHAQAB and get excited. It’s happening again!
Show Jumping – CHI AL SHAQAB 2014
Entertainment Zone – CHI AL SHAQAB 2014
Thank you and see you in ALSHAQAB soon!